Monday, October 11, 2010

Tizzy: A state of nervous excitement or confusion

"When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
-Anonymous


It is near the middle of October and I continue to search for my purpose in the world. There are many things that I want to accomplish in my life...the question of where and how to begin seem to be stalling me the most. 


I have big dreams that excite me...and I do plan to make them happen. Over four years ago I made the decision that I wanted to go to school to study interior design because I wanted to have a chance to influence the way people work and live. I went to one of the best interior design programs in the country (which as luck would have it-was only 2 hours away from home) so that I could pursue this dream. Four years later I hold a degree from that program, and let me just say it did not come easy. I had many melt downs and many all-nighters, but it was all worth it because I am one step closer to achieving one of my many goals.


I am currently working in a small dance boutique in my hometown (which I do love), but I am still searching for the job that will allow me to utilize all of the knowledge and skills that I acquired so that I can  have a part (no matter how small) in the spaces that people use. 

In this blog, look forward to reading about my on-going job search in this impossible economy, the rather unfortunate struggles of a college graduate, and the everyday happenings of yours truly.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I cannot wait to read more of your blog please keep it up! I feel like it is a great way for me to stay updated in your life since we live so far apart! I miss you move to KC soon!

    ReplyDelete